Joining the Healthy Together team is the Multicultural Association of the Greater Moncton Area (MAGMA). This diverse and vibrant organization will provide us with information from the Atlantic Provinces in Eastern Canada. Looking forward to learning about the cultural and regional features in your region.
The Multicultural Association of the Greater Moncton Area (MAGMA) is an umbrella organization of ethno-cultural associations and individuals in the Greater Moncton Area(Moncton, Riverview and Dieppe). Since its foundation in March 1980, MAGMA has remained actively involved in the settlement and adjustment of new immigrants and refugees in our area. MAGMA is a bilingual (both Canadian official languages), non-profit, non-sectarian, and non-political organization.
MAGMA’s mission is to enrich and enhance the well being of our community by fostering and nurturing respect, understanding, acceptance of and assisting people from all heritages.
MAGMA’s mandate is to:
- assist new immigrants and refugees in their settlement, orientation; and adaptation
- create cultural awareness in the community at large
- encourage appreciation and sharing of our diverse cultural values
- foster harmonious relations, nurturing respect, and understanding amongst people of all heritages
- provide training in the Canadian official language of one’s choice
- protect and promote human rights