We are excited to launch Healthy Together (HT) Facilitator Training, an innovative, asset-based family education model engaging children and youth (under 19 years of age) and their families. Healthy Together© is a culturally sensitive, family centered program, comprised of three age based modules (0-6y, 7-12y, 13-18y), offered through weekly group sessions. Each session provides hands- on learning opportunities for participants to gain information, skills and experiences, to support them in making healthy food choices and engaging in fun physical activities. For details on the HT program, staffing and resources, please view the HT brochure.
Healthy Together is currently being implemented in ten communities across Canada, in diverse community settings such as family resource centres, community/recreation centres, native and Aboriginal friendship centres, immigrant and refugee associations, schools, and child protection services.
We invite you to submit an ‘Expression of Interest’ to participate in the HT Facilitator Training –
- Training is proposed between Sept to Nov 2015, in four regions of Canada – Western, Central, Eastern, and Atlantic (dates and venues to be decided).
- Training costs are covered by the Healthy Weights for Children (HWC) Project -including one night accommodation, meals & workshop material (HT Facilitator Toolkit) for all participating facilitators.
- Travel allowance will be provided as needed. Following successful completion of training by their staff, selected organizations may be offered limited financial support to implement HT program.
- Please note – staff time to participate in the training is the responsibility of the individual/organization.
Please include in your EOI submission–
1. Name of organization and contact person authorizing your participation in the training,
2. Identify the training region closest to you, and indicate your community setting (as described above),
3. Describe your experience facilitating community based groups and/or working with children, youth and families.
We request you to submit your EOI to Helen.email@example.com by June 8, 2015.
Selected individuals/organizations will be contacted within three weeks of the closing date. Thank you for your time and interest in the Healthy Together program, and we look forward to receiving your EOI.